Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dani and her bed

This past week has been big for Dani. Our little monkey decided to start climbing out of her crib so we knew it was time. This girl needed a bed. She will eventually get the bed in the guest room, but Mor Mor needs it to sleep in this weekend while watching the kids,so we just took the front rail off the crib for now. Night time and nap time this week have been an adventure. Dani is extremely adventurous and with her new found freedom has no desire to stay in bed. This has been a fight that Bryan and I have been determined to win.

Just like Chris we put the baby lock on the inside of the door so she will not be able to come out at night and wander. This also helps when trying to get her asleep at night. For a few nights when Bryan and I would go to check on her we would find her asleep behind the door. Last night was different. Bryan had gone in around nine to check on her and she was actually asleep in the bed. About an hour later this was not the case. Poor thing had fallen out of bed.....but did not wake up. Being good parents we had to take a picture before putting her back in bed. I mean really the fall was barely a foot. I survived a fall from the top of a bunk bed when I was little and it did not even wake me. Dani is turning out more and more like me every day. SCARY!

post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just hope she doesn't turn out like Bryan screaming out during his dreams like he did in college!! :-) Baby locks, huh? didn't know that existed...I'll put that one in the vault for about 2 years down the road from now.