Monday, November 3, 2008

Soccer Party TIme

Soccer season has finally come to an end and just in time with all the rain we have been getting. The team gathered for the party at none other the HomeTown Buffet. Not really what I was thinking for an end of the year party. I think every party I ever had for a sports team was always held at a pizza parlor. But like I find myself saying many times, we do live in Tracy. Believe it or not in my 31 years I have never been to the HTB as we now refer to it. Let me tell ya, I was not missing anything.

I am gad Bryan was able to be there with me because like always he made it interesting. First off I had to laugh that for kids you pay by the year; 60 cents a year. So for Dani since she is 2 so we only had to pay $1.20. When we were at the register Bryan asked the lady if they had an anniversary specials. I don't think she realized that he was kidding, Bryan knows better to EVER take me there for any special occasion. But we took it all in good stride and the kids had fun. I did about died of laughter when the HTB Bee mascot came out and was saying hi to the kids.

Our team mom had a great cake, the kids got to play and then they all got their cool trophies. I never realized how excited these kids get about their first trophies. i guess looking back to my sports days it was a pretty big deal. We had a great time this year with soccer and we were very lucky to have a great coach.



Coach Alex and the boysChris was so proud of his trophyChris's first trophyDani loved her ice creamCoach Alex, Jacob and Chris
Me and the HTB Bee......I could not even stop laughing long enough for Bryan to take the picture. I never even knew that they had a mascot. Fun times

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI~

I lost both my blogs permanently =(

Trying to rebuild...

The new ones are:

http://www.herlastmite.blogspot.com/

http://taylortrashinptown.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Yes, the trophies were very exciting for you and your sis. After the first one, we mothers learn how to smile properly and say all the right things. Yes, the parties were always at a pizza joint, but we didn't have an HTB in Orinda. Chris will accumulate many trophies, so have Bryan build a special shelf for them, in some out of the way room. Number One Mom

The (Ryan) Romeril Family said...

Home Town Buffet...Really?!? Oh my, the things I have to look forward to!! ;)
Tell Chris, good job and I love his awesome little trophy!!