Sunday, March 15, 2009

March Race: Shamrock 5K Fun Run

This month we made it a family......after watching me run last month Bryan decided he would run with me at this race. Which was a lot considering he worked a 12 hour shift, got home at 6:45am and then we were on the road at 7am to head to the race Needless to say he is sound asleep upstairs right now. Two other deputies were running the race with us so their teenagers were nice enough to take the kids over to the park and play with them while we were all running.

It was a bit on the chilly side and there was a mist in the air, but right when the race started the weather was perfect. The course was a nice flat route through Dublin with just one little hill, so it made for a good race. There were a little over 1500 runners, Bryan finished 175 overall and was right behind him at 202. I was happy with my time since I shaved 2 minutes off my last 5K. No pictures this time.....I need to be better about getting the camera out.

Not sure what the race for April will be yet, there are a few different options that we have.

1 comment:

Danaly said...

woohoo! you are on fire with these monthly races! I'll be joining you from a distance come May, Keep it up!! - Danaly