Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chris's new love.....BMX Racing!

I know I have not posted for ever......my apologizes. I figured I need to do something up to date first since if I try and back track I may never catch up. So just pretend you have heard all about Chris's Kindergarten graduation, his end of the year party, first BMX race, the family BMX race, summer swim fun and VBS. If you are luck you may get a few random posts in there if I have time.

This past weekend was a first for us. Chris and I loaded u p the car and the BMX stuff and made our way down to Orange Cove for his first State Series race. This was his first really big race against kids from all over the state and I think the even more exciting part for him.....he got to stay in a hotel with mommy.

We are still learning all that is the world of BMX but so far we love it. Chris could ride for hours while Dani is completely content just sitting in the dirt playing. She even has a few little friends at the track to play with. All the families are so great and it has been a fantastic summer of races each weekend. We had been racing pretty regularly at the track in Livermore. Some of the racers and families convinced us to have Chris try and get his 6 qualifying races in so he could race in the state cup in October. So we went to Orange Cove this weekend and had three great races and are half way to State Cup.

I think the pictures speak for themselves. Bryan and I are so proud of what he is doing out there on the track and can not wait to see him continue to improve.

Oh and I know what you are all thinking, "Just another reason to land in the ER!" Hopefully not but for the mean time we are investing in pads :)












No comments: