Monday, October 29, 2007

It's Trash Day Folks

The day has come and passed. The bi-annual event that turns trash into treasure and gets the excitement level in the Francis household to a level 10. This past Friday was TRASH DAY! I had completely forgotten that it was coming, but then it happen, I saw my first pile and a smile came to my face. Unfortunately I think we placed half of our house on the curb in the spring, so we did not have much to contribute. Our neighbors on the other hand made us proud. O do have to saw we put one item out on the street and it lasted for a little over an hour before it was gone. Was it something good, in working order, useful maybe?.....no it was a broken baby gate.

This year Bryan and I felt the need to include our readers in the day we look forward to twice a year. We went around that neighborhood Thursday afternoon and evening to take some pictures of our favorite piles. I am convinced we are complete dorks because we drove around for about 15 minutes looking at all the piles and watching the dozens and dozens of trucks, trailers, and vans driving around rifling every ones piles. It was so much fun. Even Chris was getting into it and having fun watching people dig through piles. So here are a few of the favorite pictures from this falls trash day.

This one is a classic. There is a big wheel, a refrigerators and a car bumper. Who keeps a car bumper int heir house?
I think this is something we see every year. There is always at least 5 or 6 of these through out the neighborhoods. I guess this is an item that when it breaks it is not a quick :Honey throw it in the trash" item.
Refridgerator in PRIME condition
I loved this one because who seriously has an extra door laying around the house.
I think this was the favorite. Mainly because they had a pool ladder and these people do NOT have a pool. Also I just like the randomness of this pile. If you look closely at the pile you will notice an old computer, a high chair, a pool ladder, a lounge chair and then just boxes and boxes of crap.


post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still love this garbage day of yours...too funny!!!

Chelsey Meek said...

Cute new blog design! Unfortunately my Google accounts were compromised, so please check out my new web address, themeeklifetoo.blogspot.com and change the link on your page.
:)
Chelsey