Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The End of and Era....

Yesterday was a day for fixing and we were not too successful. We found out that the washing machine was going to be a mess to fix and keep giving us problems. So today we have spent looking around at all the stores for a decent low priced washer. We are still looking and in the mean time we are being creative with our outfits to conserve clean clothes.

Then there is the truck.....oh the loving Expedition. I got a call from our mechanic and found out that almost every essential part of the car was broken and would need replacing. YIKES! I think the cost to fix it was close to three times the value of the car. So today we began a quest, a quest for some thing that would hold the family (which is NOT going to grow anymore unlike all my friends), is going to be fuel efficient so I can fill up on one transaction, and also will be easy on the bank account. Bryan was a champ and got a great deal and they even took the expedition. Well they didn't really take it....more like towed it. I have to say I am a little on the sad side though. I have had that car for 6 1/2 years and I have had some memories in there. Here are a few that came to mind as I drove off from it for the last time.

1. Brought Chris home from the hospital in it
2. Drove up to our first house we bought in it.
3. Took the kids on their first camping trips in it.
4. Brought Dani home from the hospital in it.
5. Crammed the Madamba's, Romeril's and Barke'rs all in for a trip to House of Prime Rib
6. Road trip to San Diego for the '05 Marathon
7. Trips to Tahoe with the family
8. A memorable flat tire on the way to Big Bear Camping.

Those are just a few I thought of. I will miss my truck after almost 7 years and 180K miles. But we have a new member of the family now and her name is Nissan Altima. I think she will be great for the family and I will be able to fill up in one transaction.....PRAISE GOD!

Oh that third thing that was on the list has not been fixed yet, the Christmas tree. Actually we have been too busy with the other two to call. I think the character of the unlit portion of the tree is growing on us. Maybe next week.

I have added a picture here of a new member of the family. Meet Mr. Espresso Machine. If you know anything about Bryan and I you will know how often this will be used. Our friend got us a killer deal at the Starbuck's friends and family sale. We have welcomed him into our family with open arms.....and mouths.So it has been quite the week and it is only Tuesday. The nice thing is that hopefully the worst is over. But we are thankful for the way we were provided for and how everything worked out. Our week will be a success when we have a fully lit Christmas tree.

post signature

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for the Nissan Altima! I want a Nissan for our next car too...we might be following in your footsteps there!

The Barkers said...

Hay Yea for the nissan you know we love ours!!!! enjoy and Yea for single transaction :0).....

TDM Wendy said...

It's in the air... our washing machine broke too! And then our TV broke (and it was only 6 years old) and shiloh's check engine light came on today and the car wouldn't start. It ended up starting, but now he needs to get it checked out. And I broke my middle toe night before last. We are a broken people.

. said...

wendy i am sorry that the "broken era" has hit your family. Isn't it a hoot. I just hope the kids don't catch it. I wanted to end the year at 1-1.

Jenn said...

Well as sad as it is to say goodbye to the Expedition..just think, you could end up bringing home baby #3 in the Nissan :)

. said...

Seriously that is not even funny to joke about.....God would have to do some major reconstruction in me to make that happen. :)

Chelsey Meek said...

Oooooooohhh, love the new addition. Congratz on he new car...fun, fun!