Friday, November 30, 2007

The Perfect Night

There are a lot of ideas of what a perfect night is, I know I have a few different thoughts on this. But tonight is a perfect ending to a week of broken items around our house. I am sitting here surrounded by laundry; washing, drying and folding. Now normally this would not excite me, but tonight it does.

I have not been able to do laundry around here since last Friday. It is consuming our house in all rooms, piles, piles and piles. I have to say too that with all of Bryan's work stuff....it starts to stink after sitting around for more than a day. As of tonight, we are the owners of a new washing machine (from Cotsco this time so we can return it if it breaks) and the laundry has begun. I am currently in the middle of load number three with many more to go. I will let you know how many it takes to get through Mt. Washmore.....as my friend puts it.

So as I sit here listening to the sounds of the wash bin filling up, the spin cycle and the clang of the dryer......I smile. For tonight, never ending laundry is the perfect night.

post signature

2 comments:

Danaly said...

Alison, you are on fire with all these awesome posts!! I had to catch up 'cause I had not visited for a while. So glad you've got a new car, new washing machine and capuccino maker. Wow, what a great way to start a new year!! Haven't seen you in a while, can't wait to see you!
Danaly

Anonymous said...

Light the fireworks! Schedule the celebration! A washing machine from Costco is like winning the grand prize in the lottery. I'm verym happy that you and Bryan found a good machine to tackle Mount Washmore. M1