Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A good day

Yesterday was a good day.... the kids slept in, Bryan was home and the sun was out. Bryan was so sweet and let me have the day to myself to do what I want (a rare thing these days). It started out with a trip to the nail salon for a manicure and pedicure and it only got better from there.

I headed over to meet my girlfriends for a day of shopping. This was not just a "hey let's go shop" trip, we had a purpose, a plan and we were going to accomplish it all. I met up with the girls and we headed to Walnut Creek to conquer our lists. The best part was that 7 hours later we had the following: shoes for the wedding, a ring for her finance, dresses for Brenda and I to wear (granted Brenda paid $3.88 for hers at Ann Taylor....STEAL), a tie for Bryan to wear, a dress for Sara to wear to the reception and a really good lunch. We had accomplished all we had set out to do.

It is days like this with your girl friends that make you smile. We got a ton done, had a great time doing it and all walked away a little more refreshed and ready for the next day. thanks for a great day gals!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, days with your girlfriends. i love that you appreciate them!!! i miss girls in big ways.
love to you ali!
p.s. who is getting married?
tris

Unknown said...

wow...shopping with a mission? How masculine of you ladies! That is the kind of shopping trip I could enjoy...well not so much WHAT you were shopping for...just HOW your were shopping!! :-)

PS - my last name is Rasmussen :-)