Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It is Fair time

Ever since we got married we have gone to the Alameda County Fair every summer. I have to say that each year it has gotten more fun as the kids got older. Back in the day it was just our Young Married's Bible Study heading to the fair with NO kids for a night out. That was when you could actually walk through all the displays and see everything in the exhibit halls with the kids getting bored. Those were fun times.

This year was great though. Since Bryan and I seem to produce large children Chris was able to ride on everything since he is at the golden height of 48". For those that did not know that is the height to be if you want to have any fun at an amusement park these days (that is without having to go with them). Dani on the other hand still need us on a few rides, but I have a feeling we will be in good shape next year (we are hoping for 42" by next summer). We were wise in making the best $25 investment of the day when we got Chris the unlimited rides bracelet. This allowed for Chris to enjoy all the rides with his buds Caleb, Carly, Brooke and Sydney as much as they wanted. I think we made our money back on the giant slide alone. We stood there for 30 minutes while the kids continually ran up the stairs and came down the slide. Even Bryan had to get a few of Dani's tickets to "help" Chris down. I think he wants the unlimited rides bracelet next year.

It was a perfect day to be there weather wise and people wise. I think the 100+ temps all through the weekend scared everyone away so we were able to enjoy the 80 degrees and no people. Dani loved the pig races and every time the race horn sounded she had to show off her dance moves to the crowd. Oddly enough the bunny exhibit was a huge hit for the family. Now I am sure you are thinking Chris and Dani loved it.....NO it was my husband begging me for a bunny. What??? Yeah he really wanted a bunny. The same guy that has a German Shepard at home and that just got a new Belgian Malinois the size of a small pony on Friday was begging me for a bunny. Someone please tell him that bunnies are not a man's man's pet!Thankfully I won that one and the only thing me came home with was a gold fish. I can handle that.

After 8 hours at the fair we were all pooped and headed home. This morning the kids could not stop talking about it. Good thing we now have Fishey as a souvinier.
For some reason Brooke, Chris, Sydney and Caleb thought the foot massager's were a great game to play on. Hey it was free alright.

Caleb and Chris were brave enough to let Bryan ride on the tea cups with them.

Chris was so serious while pumping the water at the well.
Big kids can ride the slide too!

This was ride number 48 on the slide.Ready for the helicopter ride.The whole family fit on this ride.....minus mom.Bryan and Chris got to enjoy their treat while Dani was taking a nap.

**ok so after looking at all my pictures I realized I barely got any pictures of Dani or myself at the fair. So take my word we were there and we had a great time. Next time I will be better.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Come visit! Seriously I don't start work until the end of this month so I am free whenver! I would love to see you :)