Sunday, July 20, 2008

A crappy day.

Today was a long day. One of those days that you know will be long when you wake up and you have to hit the snooze button a few times just to be able to get out of bed. The first half of the day was spent working out in Brentwood at church. Bryan worked a midnight shift last night and then picked up a swing shift today, so needless to say he was not around to help with the kids today. So this was a bit of a challenge come tear down at church. But we managed with only a few melt downs, mostly the kids. By mid afternoon the kids missed Daddy though and so did I. We decided to head out to Castro Valley to see Bryan and have dinner with him. This was also a way of getting the kids out of the house for a little bit not having to cook dinner. Unfortunately the car ride was less then pleasant and I was worn to pieces by the time we made it to Chipotle. As luck would have it Bryan got a call on his way to meet us so we had to wait about 30 minutes for him.

The kids saw Bryan pull in the parking lot and got all excited. I took Dani out of her high chair so she could go see Bryan. She was sitting on my lap while I put her shoe back on. As she slid off my lap to go run to Daddy I noticed my jeans were smeared with poop. Yep, that is right, smelly poop all down my leg.

Not knowing how exactly it got on my leg, I panicked. Dani was running towards Bryan to pick her up. The problem was that he was in uniform and I did not really want him covered in poop all night. I yelled out to him, "Don't pick her up, she's covered in poop." I quickly realized that this is not the best thing to yell out in a restaurant.


I will spare you the details of the clean up. Needless to say we had bath time when we got home and the kids were off to bed. Hence my crappy day. Tomorrow is a new day.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh, Alison. I'm SO sorry for your ordeal, although my family and I got a bit of a laugh out of it. Callie once exploded while sitting on my lap on an airplane. Both of us were covered in poop for the majority of the flight. I can definitely empathize with what you went through.

Thanks for the laugh, though!

TDM Wendy said...

You have an iphone, right? WHERE is the crappy picture?

Barbara Francis said...

Alison, What a DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both Bob and I have loved your honest comments and sense of humor about the life of a busy Mom and Dad. xo Barbara, Mom, and Nana

Unknown said...

Yikes...so that is what I have to look forward to huh? Sorry for the crappy day, I would be worn down after all that too!!