Thursday, July 17, 2008

Finally some 4th of July

I realize that it has been a few weeks but with school and tee ball starting.....life has been busy. So here are a few pictures from our weekend in Truckee. The kids had a blast being up there and the weather was great. Like always we hit the Truckee 4th of July parade and then headed down to the lake to watch fireworks and BBQ with the Benson's. Next time I will try and bring a functional camera so I have more then just pictures from my phone.

I think Dani consumed her body weight in watermelon throughout the weekend.

Chris had a blast learning how to fish off the Benson's dock on Donner Lake.
Dani just relaxing at the park
One of the winning crawdads in the crawdad race the kids had. It was actually pretty funny to watch, the kids both thought it was hystarical.

Nothing like an old school life vest for a girl who just over leaning over the edge of the dock to look at the fishiesCat, Ali and Krista

I think a definite highlight of the trip was hanging out with Cat and Krista and the kids. Krista and Cat are some of my closest girlfriends from high school and before, we have all been friends for 16+ years. So many of our fun memories were spent in Tahoe during the summers on the lake and winters on the mountain.....so it is always fun to get together up in Tahoe. These girls are both such great friends to me and now my family too. We have been through it all together.....we have gotten married, had babies, said goodbye to friends and moms, and mostly just gone through life together as friends. I always treasure the times with these gals because no matter where we are, when we are together it is like we are 14 again hanging out on the dock and just being girls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Awwww, you made me cry! So true though, we have so many memories, especially up in Tahoe. I totally forgot to tell you, one afternoon when I was driving up Northwoods, I had a flashback to us driving around TD in your Red Jeep! Fun times! Love yah!