Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quick Trip to Chicago

I have been a travelin' fool for work lately. I spent a few days in the Carolina's two weeks ago and earlier in the week I headed to Chicago for a few days. This trip was a fun one since I got to go there with Sara and another great women from our church Caren.

If anyone has ever spent any time around Sara and I they would know that we have a tendency to wear the same thing every now and then. And when I say the same thing I me exactly, it is a gift. This can be kind of funny at times especially since we work together. So it really came to no surprise that on the first day of our trip we were sportin' the NF fleece and jeans (outfit of choice).

The conference we were at was for women in church leadership, "Gifted to Lead". Two of the most dynamic women I have heard speak on women's leadership, Nancy Beach and Nancy Ortberg gave the one day interactive conference for about 500 women from all over the states. In the first session we were talking about key points in our lives that we felt we were called to be leaders. My thoughts went directly to high school and the youth group at MVPC. I thought of all the great student leaders that I worked with. The totally WEIRD part of this was at the break I walk out in the courtyard and there I see my friend Jane Filkin that I went to high school with and was one of those student leaders with me. So crazy, especially since she and her family are in Colorado now working at a church in Boulder. It was such a fun time to reconnect with her. It was a great conference and I took away a ton from it.

That night Sara and I headed to downtown Chicago to get some food and take in the sights. It was a beautiful night and the weather was amazing.

Where we got our grub on

Gotta love the Sears Tower
Walking along the river and enjoying the view!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That used to be my city...you WOULD come to Chicago right after we move!! The house of blues is a fun place...we went there last time downtown before seeing Wicked again! Best thing to do in Chicago though is to do one of the scenic boat tours through the city! You won't regret it!

TDM Wendy said...

I LOVE CHICAGO!