Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trash Day Results

Sorry for the delay in posting the results from last weeks glorious day. This year Bryan and I did not do a contest because honestly we did not have too much to put out there. I think we have gone overboard the last few years.

Now believe it or not there is trash etiquette if you can call it that (especially in Tracy) The picture below is what you do not do. We drive by this house on the way to school and everyday the pile grew. It seriously looked like someone sat in the front door and chucked things to the curb. By the day of pick up there were actually 2 mannequins in the pile.

I was shocked that the trash guys actually picked this up.....technically everything has to be bagged.

Now who said you can't find some good stuff on these days. I drove by and took the picture and 30 minutes later when I drove by again they were gone, hey these are hard times.
This was a pretty classic scene for trash piles. I think the number one item that you usually seen are broken book helves and old TV stands. The funny thing is that half way through the night a piece of this bed was in our pile. Classic "trashers remorse" syndrome.

I think we need to start our cleaning a little earlier for the spring pick up. I was not impressed with our 4 garbage bags of items. Until March '09

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So did the two of you collect anything "new" during the night?!?