Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas fun at school!

Today was Chris's last day of school until Jan 29th (I LOVE year round school) so his teacher had some fun stuff planned. The parents were invited to join in the fun of decorating gingerbread houses. Chris had so much fun and impressed me with his desire to make sure very side was symmetrical.

Chris was excited to make his "ABC" pattern with his gumdrops on the roof
Chris and his buddy Logan
Very hard at work on the houses, surprisingly all the kids did really well not devouring the bowls of candy set in front of them!
Chris and Mommy with his masterpiece
The finished product

Now this will be a picture I will cherish considering this afternoon when Chris and I were out running errands Sierra decided to get the gingerbread house off the kitchen counter and EAT IT!!!! I was so mad and felt so bad for Chris because he was so excited to show Bryan. But my sweet little man looked at me and said, "Oh mom it's okay, at least we have a picture. Maybe we can make another one next year!" I love him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great job you did on your gingerbread house, Chris!!! I love it! Kayla and I never got around to doing ours this year but maybe next year she'll be lucky like you and do one in school!! *Kristina