Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Christmas

I figured it was about time to pull out the computer since we are now through the holidays. Christmas was so relaxing this year, quite the change. The decorating done early, shopping done on budget and ahead of schedule and no where to be.

Christmas Eve came and we had a nice morning together as a family and then went over to our friends house to exchange presents with them. From there the kids came home with Bryan and I headed off to church for the day (it is an all day event when you work there). Cornerstone had three services in Livermore and all were amazing, Bryan and the kids came and joined me for the last one. Nothing says Christmas like a little Holy Night under candle light. That we enjoyed a treat of pizza and jammies before tucking the kids away in bed.

Like we had expected Chris was wide awake at 5:45 ready for presents. The best part was he said to me, "Mom you can stay here and I will just go down there and open all the presents" Nice try but now. We were able to hold him off long enough to get some coffee going and open our eyes. Chris and Dani had a blast opening their presents. Bryan and I were very happy at our decision to not go over board this year, They each got three new things and it was the perfect amount. Who knows how much will be added today when we go to my mom's for Christmas, she and my sister always go all out for them!

After breakfast it was off to Starbuck's. This little tradition started on Chris's 2nd Christmas. The first few years Bryan always had to work so after we opened presents Bryan would go to sleep and I would take Chris, and later Dani, on a walk to Starbuck's for some coffee to kill some time and also get my fix. After a while I actually came to enjoy this. Bryan was able to join in last year and again this year. We took Rex along for the walk this year, but it was a little cooler then we would have hoped for. The 1.5 down there was not bad, but the way home was straight into a brutal head wind. Chris had abandoned his scooter at this point So I was pushing 80 lbs of kids into the wind, no fun. I got my workout for the day though.

The afternoon was filled with naps, Christmas movies and time with the kids. We enjoyed a nice tri-tip that night grilled on Bryan's new BBQ he had gotten for his 30th a few days before. I think Bryan will be using it a lot in the future, his head is spinning with ideas.

Christmas was a success this year and we feel blessed to have a family, a home, jobs, and God who cares for us so much this season. We hope you and your families all had a nice Christmas as well.


The kids on Christmas morning.
Waiting patiently to open their stockings......I promise Chris was excited!

No comments: