Saturday, January 24, 2009

January Race: The Copper Run 10K

For those that actually cared to read what my resolutions were.....I have started. Today I ran my race for January. I found this small little race in Copperopolis for today that I ran with my friend Vicky L. For those wondering where this is......well let's just say they even know it is unheard of. During the race I passed a car with the bummer sticker "Where the hell is Copperopolis" It was a nice laugh and much needed at mile 5. Just for reference it is in the footHILLS near Angels Camp.

We were a little worried as we were driving out there if the town existed and if indeed there was a race. When we saw the sign we knew the answer to our first question was answered.

So now we drove with a little more confidence. We even saw a sign that said "Copper Run" on it, so know we knew the race was legit.

When I saw this was a small race, it was small. I think there were 2 people handling registration and one lady that would tell everyone the course when the asked what it was. While she was explaining it to Vicky and I we got a little worried. We asked if the course was hilly she laughed. She said yes indeed and you will probably we cursing my name when you get to the hill after mile 3. She was right. This course was brutal. I honestly do not think there was one point int he 6.1 miles that was flat in the least bit. But still we had a great time and both came in with times to be proud of.

Sorry for the lack of pictures on this race but it was just us two so pictures were a little harder to get. We are looking forward to our race in February and welcome any and all to join us on this 12 month journey.


Did I mention that every time there was a turn in the race there was a fireman standing there to guide you....talk about motivation!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I've got your March race!! (are we allowed to select your next challenge?) ;)

Jenny's Light is having a 5K in Los Gatos. It is a great organization raising awareness of postpartum depression. I met Jenny's brother at a conference last Summer - his sister took her own life and the life of their little boy when he was a few weeks old.

Jennyslight.org

One Crazy Mom said...

looks like you're doing great with your resolutions! Race. Check! Mini-adventure (Tahoe). Check! Friends (guessing you went to Tahoe with friends that you want to invest in). Check!

Maybe I need to start a list....

Carly said...

Copperopolis? LOL!
I had NO IDEA that town even existed. Nice work! I am still laughing about it... I bet you guys were cracking up the whole time (other than when you were on the hills!)