Sunday, February 15, 2009

Walt Disney World.....help me!


Okay so I need some help from you Disney veteran's out there. In May the four of us are going to venture to Florida for a week to stay with Bryan's family. I figured since the kids will be 3 and 6 in May it is about time we take them to Disney World. Plus Dani keeps asking to go to the Princess Castle.

We will be there on Dani's actual birthday so we are going to take advantage of going for free on that day.....the question is how many days and which resorts? In a way Disneyland is easier because there are just 2 places to go. So I figured I would ask the Disney experts out there on what we should do if we only want to spend a day or 2 there. Plus we are trying not to break the bank on this trip.

Can't wait for your feedback.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

On our last two trips to Disneyland we used The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland. There's a 2009 Disney World version of the same book and, if it's anything like the Disneyland version, it's an invaluable resource for questions like how much, how soon, how fast? And it gives you strategies for getting through the park efficiently and without breakdowns. Super helpful.

Cascio Crew said...

We stayed at Embassy Suites because it allowed us to have the kids in one room and we got a room to ourselves. It is only a few miles from Disney and there were no traffic hassles. It costs around $125 per night, I think. And we got a continental breakfast with it, and they had a huge heated pool, movie night outside by the pool with popcorn and cotton candy, a hottub for the adults, a bar inside and out. We enjoyed it and so did the kids. For the most fun I suggest 2 days, but only one park. Magic Kingdom is obviously best for the kids, and Epcot is a lot more interesting for the adults, but you also have the option of Animal Kingdom, which the kids will love as well, but it is mainly a glorified zoo. Hollywood Studios is fast rides and lots of shows, probably not a kid thing. One thing you need to look into right now, and I mean stop reading this and go to the site now and reserve this, is a character dinner/lunch. It is expensive for a meal, but the memories will last forever! While you are eating they have 8-10 Disney characters come through and sign autographs and take pictures, which means you don't have to stand in line throughout the day in the hot sun to do the same. The castle is booked well in advance, we managed to do the Crystal Palace I think it was called. The kids loved it. Give Laura a call and she can probably tell you more than I can. We are headed there in March I think, can't wait.......

Unknown said...

I went to Disney a bunch as a kid. I'll speak from experience, the only thing I enjoyed at Epcot was Space Mountain and your kids are still a little young for that! I would skip epcot at this stage (you'll have other opportunities to take them there with Bryan's family there). They have some fun water parks that might be fun though at their ages again it might be a waste. I would probably stick with Magic Kingdom for at least one day and if you want to mix it up you could try Universal Studios. I LOVED that place!