Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Asparagus Festival

The one thing that the Central Valley knows how to do is party it up Asparagus style. Every year they transform the waterfront in Stockton to an asparagus wonderland. I took the kids after school last week with some friends to enjoy the fun.

Our first stop had to be at one of the many asparagus booths to get the yearly treat of deep fried asparagus. I think I actually gained weight while waiting in line, but man is it yummy!

Dani was my little rug rat as usual and had fun eating all the food and running around dancing to the Beach Boys cover band.

Chris was in awe of the golfers teeing off into the Port! I think he could have stood here for days just watching the golf balls land in the water.
Kyle, Logan and Chris had fun looking at the cars they had as well as some of the fun CHP cruisers they had out there.

Dani was in heaven with the purple snow cone.
Then it was time for the rides. The kids had a blast and it was nice because there was not much of a crowd on Friday. That is one thing I have learned over the years.....go on Friday, the crowds are a lot better.

She loved her little pink plane.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Asparagus festival??!!? Are you kidding? I hope it was at least on a stick (a reference Bryan will understand).