Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tracy Trash Day

Like most of you know Tracy Trash Day is something that Bryan and I look forward to. We have been on quite the cleaning binge lately so this came at the perfect time. A few weeks ago we had our garage sale and ever since then we had been accumulating a pike in the garage of all the things that would get swept to the curb come time.

I the week leading up to this there would be various items starting to appear on the curb, this is the sign that the day is near. So last Thursday night Bryan and I went through the house getting all the garbage and random items that were no goodwill worthy. Everything was brought to the curb that we were ready to get rid of.

All night long we heard cars and trucks drive up and down the streets looking at piles, picking out items and finding treasures. Even while Bryan and I were taking things to the curb there were cars drive by to look at what we had out there. One lady parked down the street and waited for us to close the garage to go through our greatest possessions.

The next morning while I was a the gym Bryan heard some noise outside. Our pile was still there and there were still a few good items there. Bryan watched as two women got out of their pick up, inspected the pile and decided it was time to dig. They found a garbage bag, dumped it out and started filling it with the times that they liked. I was so proud of my husband because he ran to grab the camera so he could document it. I have trained him well.

This is all just another perk of living in Tracy!

I thought this shot was classic!

3 comments:

Carly said...

lol, that last picture is hilarious. good work documenting, bryan!

TDM Wendy said...

words can't even describe how awesome this is - especially the pics. thank you.

Unknown said...

Oh man...that last shot IS a classic! I always look forward to your Trash Day stories. Thanks for giving me a smile for the night!