Thursday, November 22, 2007

Search for green beans

This Thanksgiving I am not doing dinner at my house, no cleaning, no decorating, no last minutes panics and no cooking. Yet here I find my self waiting for the turkey in my oven to get done. Turns out I am cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for all the guys on Bryan's team that are working tonight. To me though this is what I prefer, I get to cook, serve others and not have to have a ton of people at my house.... the food isn't even consumed here.

This week was crazy and I totally forgot to shop for this lovely dinner until 7pm last night. I knew what I was getting myself into, shopping on the busiest day of the year, not a guarantee that everything would be there. I was actually rather successful, I got my turkey, stuffing, potatoes, pie and all the utensils for the feast. But no green beans, that place was cleaned out. I asked the produce guy if there were any left and he said they were cleaned out and that a truck should be there later that night or early morning. A few minutes later there was a woman ranting and raving at a manger that they were out of green beans and that this happened last year. What kind of store was this, was she going to have to take her sopping somewhere else? Now here is my question....if you go to Safeway the night before Thanksgiving, you are going to run the risk of possibly not getting everything you need. Well at least that is the thought of a logical person. So I left with out green beans.....but I would be back.

On a side note I left the store and headed over to the gas station since I qualified for my 15 cent discount. I started the pump with the hope and prayer that with the discount I might be able to get a full tank before getting cut off....waiting.....waiting.....stop. Again I get cut off at $75, this time 2 gallons short of a full tank. I am open to a new car for Christmas if anyone is offering.

I was finally successful on the green beans this morning, and they are patiently waiting for their turn to be cooked. Back to the kitchen for me now.

For the 5 people that actually read this, have a very Happy Thanksgiving with your family and friends. I feel very thankful to have all the things in my life that God has blessed me with.

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm one of the five people that read this. Are the green beans sliced a la mamasita? -D1

Jenn said...

Oh Alison you are such a good hostess :) BTW- no fair on the "oops here's my husbands card" thing...We had no excuse like that and Kevie will be paying for it!

Love the new design on the blog- did you make that header yourself in photoshop??? XOXO

Krista, Bill, Eliya & Logan Kurtzweil said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love reading your updates... they always make me smile. One of these days I will start updating my blog....

Anonymous said...

hi ali!
i am one who read your blog! and i love the holiday webpage although i loved the other one too. we missed turkey dinner but our bodies are probably the better for not overstuffing ourselves like we usually do at that meal. love you!
tris