Friday, January 25, 2008

Confessions of a four year old

For the past few months the kids have been lucky enough to have a great gal named Sarah that watches them a few days a week in the after at our house while I am at work. The fun thing for me is that I will get emails from Sarah during the day on stuff the kids are doing.

A few months ago Sarah let me know about a little plan that Chris had cooked up. He told her that he was going to pick her up in his Safeway truck (this is desired profession) for a date and drive her to the zoo. When they got there he would get hamburgers out of the back of his truck and they would eat lunch. Luckily Sarah's husband was okay with Chris movin' in on her.
This was the picture that he drew on the computer with Sarah to represent their date.

Then today she emailed me to tell me a little story that happened yesterday. Here is what she
had to say:

Chris and I were getting ready to watch Incredible's and the Cinderella preview comes on. I'm all oohing and aahing because I loved Cinderella when I was a kid. Then Chris recites part of the preview and when it's over says quietly, "I like princesses..."
This caused me to glance over at him because we had had a conversation a couple of weeks ago about how he doesn't like princesses.
It's like he caught himself because he looked at me sheepishly followed by an awkward pause and then said, "...i mean, i like kings."

Busted! What can I say, he does have a eye for the ladies.

post signature

No comments: