Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Am I ready to be a Soccer Mom?

It has begun.....soccer season is upon us.
Chris's team banner, the "Shark Boys"

The little soccer stud.....the sum was in his eyes, my bad
Team getting ready for their first game, Chris is # 17
The boys thought it was great when the ref asked them to pound their shins to make sure they were all wearing shin guards.

Chris has really taken to soccer. He has a great coach and the boys on his team are all so fun. I just don't know if I am taking to soccer as much as he is. Am I ready to have the elaborate lawn chair that I haul to all the games, cut the perfect smile oranges for half time snacks, ready to wear the team colors and the button with pride......not there quite yet. I will go and root for my little man but I refuse to get sucked in. Although I think I am rubbing off on him. At practice last night Chris was out on the field yelling " Come on Shark Boys, let's hustle on the field"

5 comments:

Carly said...

oh my gosh i love them in their full soccer get-up! its the cutest when their shorts are so long that you can't even see their knees :)

The (Ryan) Romeril Family said...

Totally cute! Looks like quite the stud out there!!! GO SHARKS!!

Chelsey Meek said...

You don't have to wear the team colors...that's asking a BIT too much, I mean they DO make parents do the tunnel at the end of every game.

Unknown said...

Uh oh...you have the mini-van already?

Anonymous said...

#17 and the tallest one there! cutie! i miss him. we should play soon.