Saturday, February 28, 2009

February Race: Almond Festival 8K...5 miles

No pictures yet....but since this is the last day of February I wanted to let you all know that are following (or care) that I completed my February race today. Nothing like cutting it close.

Bryan and my mini cheering section came with me to Ripon this morning. The rain held off and it was gorgeous out; sun peaking through, overcast and a flat course. The course took us through some beautiful neighborhoods and through the blossoming almond orchards. I think my favorite part was rounding the final corner and seeing Bryan there with the kids. Hearing "go mommy, go mommy" was just what I needed to finish strong.

All in all I finished the race with a 43:16 and I was very happy with that. Especially since it was about 5 minutes off what my goal was for myself. As soon as my girlfriend sends me pictures I will post them.

I will through the invite out there again for next month......we are running in Dublin at the Shamrock Fun Run on March 15th.

No comments: