Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Robbed at church.....REALLY?

This week is not really going my way........yet I still find that I am thankful for my family and the life we have (I won't even get into why I feel this so much this week, too sad!)

Today while I was at work, mind you I work at a church, my wallet was stolen. I was shocked. Every month we have an all staff lunch and meeting on campus. Well during this time there were two wallets and one whole purse, keys and all, stolen from various parts of our building. I was PISSED to say the least.

Right when Bryan and I are starting to get things right wit our budget and finances thanks to Dave Ramsey, something like this happens. Where in the budget is the money for getting a new license.....or replacing my Coach wallet......or worst yet the tickets for the Wine & Chocolate Festival that Bryan and I are going to with friends on Valentine's Day! URGGGGG! Not to mention the cash that was in there, atm cards and the church credit card. Thankfully we were able to cancel all the cards before transactions were made. I know it is just money and no one was hurt but still.....it all has to be replaced when we weren't really counting on those expense.

All in all today was no good.

Did I mention that when I picked Dani up from daycare she puked ALL over the car, car seat, and herself. Now she has the stomach flu.

Off to go clean puke out of my car.

I love my life :)

6 comments:

Danaly said...

Oh, I hope you can get those tix for the Valentine event reissued or something, that sucks! and the Coach wallet, it hurts my heart!! That's one of my favorite things I own.

Olive Oyl said...

That is so terrible!

Hang in there with the Dave Ramsey... poo on what he says is true, emergency's DO happen when you decide to start this program!

I did a blog today on how our envelope system is working out. I am thinking about you guys and rooting for you throughout this time. Go Dave Ramsey!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there dear - it will pass. They are knocking out a wall in my kitchen due to mold and I have an almost 2 year old who puked/coughed/didn't sleep for 3 days straight. I feel your pain my friend. Love you tons!

Unknown said...

Yikes...that is ROUGH. I hope you are able to get things straightened out and maybe the crook will have a change of heart!!

Carly said...

boo on church theft! my whole bag got stolen from my car while were at church a few years back. i was also pissed. and it was one of my favorite bags. lame lame lame.

and then puking on top of that? AHHHH i hate clean up puke, its the worst... maybe you need to pull a $5 out of that emergency evleope and get yourself a latte as a reward for handling a sick kid, an ER visit, and an in-church theft. hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear all that! Just think though, it always happens in threes and with your last couple of entries it looks like you are 'good' for the rest of the year!! Hope Dani wasn't sick for long! *kristina